VACANCY – ACCOUNT AND MARKETING EXECUTIVE
ITAL is a leading software development house that delivers innovative, cutting-edge, SaaS technology to the transport and parking sectors, with a key focus on Rail Operations and Revenue Protection. Our in-house technical and UX design expertise, ensures our clients have the tools and solutions at their fingertips to meet business requirements and solve industry challenges.
We also deliver bespoke software development for clients. As an agile, adaptive, and responsive company, ITAL prides itself by working in partnership with clients to deliver exactly what is required. Every client has its own unique way of working and faces individual challenges. Our products and solutions are designed to fit existing processes to ensure a seamless transition to a digital world.
Working in partnership with clients, ITAL has an ambitious, innovative strategy and roadmap to develop new modules and services and help businesses in new sectors.
ITAL is recruiting for a new position of Account and Marketing Executive to look after our existing clients and assist in growing a client base further.
What does an Account Manager do?
An Account Manager closely interacts with customers to answer questions or address concerns. The daily tasks of Account Management include overseeing routine issues as well as handling more complicated ones on behalf of their clients.
What makes a good Account Manager?
A good Account Manager must be client-driven to build trust with customers. You must be a strong communicator to manage their accounts properly. An efficient Account Manager must also be knowledgeable about our company’s products and services to provide customers with the most effective solutions to the challenges they face.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Account Manager?
An Account Manager is in charge of making sure each department meets the needs of their clients and customers. They manage customer complaints, find solutions to their issues, and maintain a positive relationship between both parties for future business ventures.
Does this sound like you? Then carry-on reading!
Your responsibilities at ITAL
The position of Account and Marketing Executive is a fun, wide-ranging and exciting position. Two days will never be the same. Reporting to Head of Sales, your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters for existing clients
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts and customer stakeholders
- Understand and work across Revenue Protection, Operations, and bespoke software projects
- Understand the company strategy and roadmap that can be articulated to clients
- Understand our products, services, and capabilities
- Keeping our clients up to date with what is happening at ITAL (new releases, products, modules)
- Collaborate with Head of Sales and the Senior Management team to identify and grow opportunities
- Prepare reports for regular quarterly reviews on account status
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Manage sales administration and purchase order renewals
- Regular client contact – Visiting clients on site, Teams call. Find a reason to engage with a client
- Oversee projects end-to-end, being involved every step of the process
- Develop new business with existing clients (warm selling) and/or identify areas of improvement to meet targets and KPI’s
- Assist with commercial proposals and pre-sales material
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed, including invoice queries
- Attend industry conferences and exhibitions
- Manage and maintain membership of industry bodies
- Arrange, manage, and attend client focus groups
- The ability to understand, record and distribute client requirements and actions
- Regular user and advocate of LinkedIn / Sales Navigator
- Monitor and maintain the company CRM
- Keep account plans up to date
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of our clients (the client hierarchy and key decision makers)
- Identify key client moves – who is being promoted / moving company / identify who is filling key vacancies
- Give our clients lots of attention, TCL and go the extra mile
- Understand the competition and what they are doing
- Understand what is happening across the industry, GBR, DfT and at government
- Keeping the ITAL website relevant and fresh
- Keeping product sheets up to date
- Creating new material when required
- Creating pre-sales material as new opportunities are created
- Managing the relationship with our PR company
- Overseeing the company social media channels (LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Consulting with the company designer regarding new and updating material
- Ensuring we are ahead of our competitors
We are looking for someone to join our team on an amazing journey. We want someone that is adaptable, with good application and a fantastic attitude to succeed.
- Want to create a career path and progress within ITAL
- 100% Team player
- Be prepared to travel and stay overnight where required
- Thinking outside the box
- Being available for clients 24/7/365
- Have an eye (and an ear) for a new opportunity
- Listening and understanding our client’s challenges
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Being prepared to learn and adapt
- Initiative-taking, with the ability to work alone and as a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (phone, email, face-to-face engagement)
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Thinking on your feet and being one step ahead
- The ability to network and build a client base
- Amazing attention to detail and time management
- Know how to prioritise your workload
- A keen interest in transport, mobility, and technology
- Sociable, fun, flexible and want to contribute to a fantastic team
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager, or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions, resolving queries, and attending to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Company mobile phone
- Company laptop
- Annual Leave: 39 days per year, including 8 Bank and Public Holidays
- Hybrid working
- Company Pension Scheme
- Optional Private Healthcare (upon satisfactory completion of 6-month probation period)
- Perkbox benefits
- Staff incentives, such as days out, social events
- Free eye test
- Childcare vouchers (via Perkbox)
- Modern office environment
- Free onsite car parking