VACANCY – Chief Information Officer
ITAL is a leading software development house that delivers innovative, cutting-edge, SaaS technology to the transport and parking sectors, with a key focus on Rail Operations and Revenue Protection. Our in-house technical and UX design expertise, ensures our clients have the tools and solutions at their fingertips to meet business requirements and solve industry challenges.
We also deliver bespoke software development for clients. As an agile, adaptive, and responsive company, ITAL prides itself by working in partnership with clients to deliver exactly what is required. Every client has their own unique way of working and faces individual challenges. Our products and solutions are designed to fit existing processes to ensure a seamless transition to a digital world.
Working in partnership with clients, ITAL has an ambitious, innovative strategy and roadmap to develop new modules and services and help business in new sectors. ITAL is recruiting for a new position of Chief Information Officer to look after our existing clients and assisting in growing a client base further.
What does a Chief Information Officer do?
A Chief Information Officer is the company executive responsible for the implementation, management and usability of computer and information technologies. Because technology constantly grows and reshapes industries across the globe, the role of Chief Information Officers has increased in importance and popularity. Chief Information Officers analyse how a range of technologies benefit the company or improve its current business process, and then they incorporate a system to achieve that improvement or benefit.
What makes a good Chief Information Officer?
A good Chief Information Officer job description includes the IT plan that a business wants to implement. It also includes information about the challenges your company faces, your company culture and its ethos.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Chief Information Officer?
The Chief Information Officer has a divers set of job responsibilities, both technical and strategic. They are the executive bridge between the IT function and the business leaders. At the strategic level, the Chief Information Officer is responsible for:
- Creating business value for the company through technology
- Directing the use of company IT resources to achieve the company’s strategic objectives
- Ensuring IT systems are managed appropriately to manage cost, risk and enable business
Does this sound like you? Then carry-on reading!
Your responsibilities at ITAL
- Head the internal and external developments teams, providing direction and coaching
- Drive and maintain the ITAL development strategy
- Head the internal support function
- Own the technical infrastructure
- Own the hardware decisions and recommend upgrades to the business when required
- Ensure the companies data is secure by keeping updated with the latest cyber security threats and requirements
- Ensure the latest code base is being utilised where possible
- Keep abreast of IT trends and emerging technologies
- Ensure all software’s are kept updated and patched
- Direct the executive team on best practices
- Manage the IT budget
- Develop and maintain IT policies and procedures
- Oversee change control management
- Oversee release management of upgrades and new software’s
- Oversee implementations for new business
- Troubleshoot issues
- Attend client site when required
- Attend client meetings
- Understand what is happening across the industry, GBR, DfT and at government
We are looking for someone to join our team on an amazing journey. We want someone that is adaptable, with good application and a fantastic attitude to succeed.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- 100% Team player
- Be prepared to travel and stay overnight where required
- Thinking outside the box
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Initiative-taking, with the ability to work alone and as a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (phone, email, face-to-face engagement)
- Sociable, fun, flexible and want to contribute to a fantastic team
- Company mobile phone
- Company laptop
- Annual Leave: 39 days per year, including 8 Bank and Public Holidays
- Hybrid working
- Company Pension Scheme
- Optional Private Healthcare (upon satisfactory completion of 6-month probation period)
- Perkbox benefits
- Staff incentives, such as days out, social events
- Free eye test
- Childcare vouchers (via Perkbox)
- Modern office environment
- Free onsite car parking